The National Safeguarding Team have completed a review of the C2 leadership safeguarding course. This course is still aimed at Leaders and promotes a learning journey for participants.
The Virtual Safeguarding Leadership Learning Pathway requires some pre-course work to be completed. The reason for this is that the Pathway encourages participants to engage in a process of reflective learning. The pre-course work should take approximately two hours.
From July 2022 C2 Leadership Virtual Training will move to a learning management system called Moodle where workbooks, coursework, case study, certificates and meetings will be held. Currently Clergy, Licensed Readers, Safeguarding Officers should complete this training. We will advise trainee ALM's when training is available for their role.
- Go to the CofE Training Portal
- Register or login on the portal if you have not already done so (if you have already completed Basic and Foundation training, you will already have an account on the Portal). You will need your previous username and password
- Click on ‘online courses’ where you will see the 'All Courses' screen
- Click on Leadership to reach Diocese of Chichester (pilot)
- Click on ‘enrol me’, then we will email you as soon as possible to confirm your enrolment
- Click on ‘Preparing to Learn’
- Click on ‘choose a learning group’ – choose a date that suits your diary, make a note of the dates and time
- Click on ‘Preparation Task’
- Complete the written and reading tasks listed on this page, you will not be able to join the first session until this is done
- Join the first Groupwork session at the date you have chosen using the Zoom link shown on the portal
- Between the first and second session, watch The Church’s Darkest Secret via the portal and complete questions, you need to do this via the portal in order to join session 2
- Join the second Groupwork session for the 2nd session of your module
- Complete the final evaluation
- You will receive your certificate once the Tutor has marked all parts of your participation as complete.
Upcoming Training Dates:
|1st Session||2nd Session|
|Thursday 30/03/2023 at 11.30am – 1.00pm – |
|Wednesday 05/04/2023 at 11.30am – 1.00pm – |
|18/04/2023 at 11.30am – 1.00pm – |
|25/04/2023 at 11.30am – 1.00pm – |
|20/04/2023 at 7pm – 8.30pm||27/04/2023 at 7pm – 8.30pm|
|06/06/2023 at 2pm – 3.30pm||13/06/2023 at 2pm – 3.30pm|